Here at Trustmarque Solutions we are passionate about the environment. Within the company we have our own Environmental Committee, made up of staff from different departments, all with the same interest and belief in looking after our planet.
Trustmarque is a CarbonNeutral® company, which means that it has measured and reduced all of its CO2 emissions to ‘net zero’. For the past four years we have been working with The CarbonNeutral® Company to retain our ‘net zero’ carbon footprint status by offsetting its CO2 emissions through a number of climate friendly projects around the world. Further information on our CarbonNeutral status and the projects we have sponsored can be found here.
Trustmarque’s Environmental Committee not only helps to improve the environmental credentials of our own offices, but we are also to keen to go out into the local community and take part in any conservation tasks we can. We are always interested to hear from people who would like Trustmarque to make a positive contribution to our environment. If you would like to get in touch with the Environmental Committee you can do so by emailing Environment@Trustmarque.com.
Monitoring what we do
Part of the committee’s continual drive to have a lesser impact on the environment is monitoring the various aspects of our business. We are continually monitoring how many miles we travel per car, how much electricity we use, how many flights our employees take etc. By monitoring this data we are able to verify the success of various environmental projects we carry out.
Below are our main areas of focus. We look forward to updating this page as the below projects develop:
Reduction in Electricity consumption
- Review and monitor usage patterns
- Educate our employees on methods of reduction
- Implementation of Green IT strategies
- Improve efficiency of air conditioning and heating
Reduction of Carbon emissions through travel
- Incentivise cycling to work for our staff
- Car sharing. Trustmarque currently have a car sharing scheme in place that incentivises staff to car share. We are looking to generate more car sharing moving forward
- Encourage use of video conferencing where possible to avoid unnecessary travel for face to face meetings
Recycling and the Paperless Office
- Objective to achieve 100% electronic invoicing
- Education on recycling and full recycling facilities available