Overview of current NHS Connecting for Health Oracle EWA
The EWA is a ‘term agreement’ to June 2014 – this means the agreement is subscription based and licences will expire at that point. Perpetual licences will NOT be ‘allocated out’ as with other EWAs. Products currently covered are:
- Database (Standard Edition, Enterprise Edition, Personal Edition, Lite)
- Options (RAC, Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining, Spatial, Advanced Security Option, Label Security)
- Enterprise Management (Diagnostics, Tuning, Change Management)
- Internet Application Server (Standard, Enterprise, Toplink, Java Edition)
- IAS Options (Personalisation, Wireless)
- Dev Tools (Internet Developer Suite, Programmer, Discoverer Desktop Edition, J Developer)
- Data Warehousing (Express Server, Express Analyser, Express Objects)
What happens now?
Oracle and NHS Connecting for Health have just announced new discounts to help Trusts and ALB’s perpetualise licences before the end of the EWA. Oracle will extend the current Cabinet Office discounts to the NHS and provide preferential terms to those who licence their estate before the end of April 2013.
In order to take advantage of Oracle’s offer, Trustmarque can help Trusts prepare their Oracle Server Worksheet (OSW) to declare current usage by using Oracle’s approved scripts. Trustmarque will analyse the current usage, align to the EWA licences, provide all available cost options using the new discounts and all licensing models. Working with Oracle and selected technology partners, Trustmarque can help Trusts to optimise their new investment to ensure they get the most out of the technology.
Please view the attached document for further information. Oracle NHS Licensing
Contact us to discuss in more detail.